LG V30 Specs: The LG V20 was announced in September 2016 and was released a month later in October. The LG flagship went up against the likes of the Google Pixel XL, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the iPhone 7. It did fairly well and wowed many with its secondary display, located on the top of the screen and an always-on display. LG, however, is not one to gloat over its previous successes and is developing the LG V30. We will list the upcoming phone's specifications and feature here for your perusal. We must remind you before we begin that the specs and features that they may be subject to change prior to the phone's launch as it is solely at the manufacturer's discretion.
LG V30 Specs and Features
Processor and Graphics
The upcoming LG V30 is to be powered by the new and formidable octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, or System on Chip. The new chip uses the same Kryo CPU architecture that was found in the Snapdragon 82X, though with Kryo 280 and there will be 4 additional cores that focus on running efficiently on top of the 4 performance cores that are clocked up to 2.45GHz.
The Adreno 540 GPU is billeted by manufacturer Qualcomm as offering 40% improvement on graphics performance, power usage as well as computing capability.
- By contrast, the other more efficient cores will be clocked at up to 1.9GHz. In addition, the 835 is about 35% smaller in size and consumes 25% less power which translates to better battery life.
- The SoC is remarkably resulting in extremely efficient multi-tasking when compared to standard dual core processors. The GPU or the Graphics Processing Unit is the Adreno 540, which traditionally accompanied the SD 321, as the Qualcomm SoC is often known as.
- The Qualcomm Adreno 540 is a separate graphics processor solely intended to ensure that better graphics are put out while maintaining energy conservation standards.
- The CPU has being designed on the Harvard architecture platform and has better data cache retention capability when compared to many other SoC architecture platforms. DirectX 11.1 is also supported on the new GPU.
Storage, RAM and Software
The LG V30 will go up against some of the giants of the smartphone industry when it releases later this year. In order to stick around, the V30 is said to have two variants to ensure better choice options for consumers. The two variations will see one model launching with 4GB of RAM while the other will boast of 6GB of RAM.
- The latter variant propels the smartphone well and truly into the flagship category. Internal storage options are 64GB and 128GB, very respectable specs. A microSD card slot will ensure that the V30's internal or storage memory can be expanded up to 256GB. The internal storage space has to be brought up as more and more apps become available and the users have to ensure that they do not get left behind. The V30 will run on the Android Nougat 7.0.
LG V30 Display
This is a very important area when it comes to choosing the right smartphone. We believe the V30's display will be positively stunning. We expect a 5.7-inch screen IPS LCD with a capacitive touchscreen. The screen resolution is also very good at 2560 x 1440 pixels A stunning 513 PPI which is the measurement of pixel density measured in pixels per inch will ensure a stunning display. The phone is multi-touch. 16M colours will bring the display to life.
- On a side note, the LG V30 is reported to dump the secondary display feature that endeared the predecessors to many users.
The LG V30 will have an excellent dual-lens rear camera setup with 21MP wide-angle and 8MP sensors designed and manufactured by Sony while the front snapper is 8MP, also made by Sony. The rear camera can shoot hi-res photos and videos including 2160p videos at 30fps. Dual LED Flash flash on the rear camera will ensure better photography. Geotagging, Digital Autofocus, Optical Image Stabilisation and other assorted features will ensure that selfie lovers and other users can make use of the various photography tricks and tips available.
The LG V30 will have a powerful 3500mAh Lithium Ion battery which will be non-removable. LG has looked to play safe here as many users have complained about the non-removable batteries on many handsets. Thanks in large part to the Snapdragon 835 chipset set to power this device, the battery can be charged up to 80% while being plugged in for only 30 minutes. Such a battery will also enable the LG V30 to take on the other giants of the business and beat them at their own game.
LG V30 Design
The LG V30 will be beautifully executed and will have a military-grade robust build made of Silicon polycarbonate. The form factor will include a removable aluminum back panel that yields a smooth look and feel very similar to the Sony Xperia X. LG will once again combine the fingerprint sensor and power button into one. This two-in-one functionality will ensure that the new button is as versatile as it gets while still retaining its individuality. The phone will be lighter than the 177 grams the LG V20 weighs. Thanks to the non-removable battery and the upgraded SoC, the new phone will be slimmer and more dignified.
The LG V30 will retain the 3.5mm headphone jack. Bluetooth 4.2 and the inclusion of the USB Type-C port will also make its connectivity options multifaceted. GPS, radio, fingerprint sensors, accelerometer, a gyroscope, proximity sensor and a compass round up the LG V30. The colour options include Titan, Silver and Pink. We expect an announcement sometime in August this year, bearing in mind the 12-month product lifecycle.